What's new in MultiSurf 7.0
5.0 Users - Wondering about moving to the updated user interface?
We prepared a document just for you. MultiSurf
5 to 6
MultiSurf is a rich and versatile system for parametric design of 3D geometric objects,
particularly complex objects involving freeform curves and surfaces.
Precise control of complex shapes:
- Accurate, durable joins between surfaces
- Parametric variation: MultiSurf updates the entire model when you change underlying
- A surface for every purpose: 30 surface types let you use the right surface for every
aspect of your design (NOT limited to NURBS like other applications)
- Fairing tools: curvature profile and surface curvatures displays help you refine your
Export: DXF, IGES, POV-Ray rendering files,
VRML; to AeroHydro programs: MSDEV
developable plate expansion, MSPLEX compound-curved plate expansion, HYDRO hydrostatics,
OFE offset file editor, AHVPP sailboat performance analysis
Import: DXF, IGES; FL/2B, Autoship, MaxSurf (formerly
MacSurf), and FastYacht files.
- Weight schedule
- Mass properties
- Angles, clearance, distance of points
Special marine design tools:
- Upright hydrostatics
- Ship lines
- Offset files
Viewing and editing:
- Multiple wireframe and rendering windows of one or more models; any viewpoint.
- Drag and drop points; use snap increments, grid. Dynamic update during dragging lets you
see in real time the effect on the model of moving a point
- Use filters, layers, and show/hide to aid viewing and selection
- Display original curve or surface for comparison
- Scale, shift, rotate model (or parts of it) in any direction
- Unlimited levels of undo/redo
Documentation: comprehensive, illustrated reference and tutorials, in online help
system and printed (over 500 pages).
MultiSurf demos on our Download
Add-on programs available:
of flotation and righting moments)
MSDEV (flat plate expansion)
MSPLEX (compound plate expansion)
Price: see Pricelist